Hospitality & tradition
History of the Landgasthof Kirchbichl in Hallwang
The Landgasthof Kirchbichl in Hallwang in the Salzburg region did not just spring up overnight. As you might expect at a traditional guesthouse, everything has been honed and perfected over time. Over the years, we haven't just moved with the times, we've been constantly adapting to the needs of our guests.
Innkeeping is a vocation
Our family and our hotel have been following this calling for a long time now. The Landgasthof Kirchbichl has always been owned and run by the Zipperer family. The hotel manager, Fritz Zipperer, is the second generation to run the guesthouse, and he constantly works to adapt to the changing needs of his guests – though not without a solid basis in tradition and the values he grew up with. Chief among these is a sense of being solidly rooted in the local area – the Zipperer family have never forgotten where they come from.
Onwards and upwards since the early nineties
There have been plenty of changes, improvements and expansions since Fritz Zipperer took over the guesthouse from his parents in 1993. These include the Wintergarten conservatory, sun terrace and children's playground, but it was the updating of the kitchen in the early 2000s that made the biggest difference. The kitchen, after all, is the source of all those delicious meals that guests at the Landgasthof Kirchbichl love so much. We have also been serving authentic local cuisine to our guests at the Solide Alm restaurant in Elixhausen since April 2015. The restaurant features alpine delicacies and a rustic hut atmosphere in the very heart of the Salzburg region.
Hospitality in a private setting: celebrating in the Salettl
Every event is different, and day visitors, business travellers and holidaymakers all have different requirements. This prompted us to create a special building, ideal for private celebrations, right next to the Landgasthof Kirchbichl: the Salettl gazebo. Comfortable and traditional with every modern convenience, the gazebo features top-of-the-range facilities, privacy, 360-degree views and its own bar. The perfect location for a lavish party with a feel-good atmosphere. Celebrate your corporate function, wedding, christening, birthday or other special event in the Salettl gazebo.
An overview of our significant milestones here at Kirchbichl
- 1982 The guesthouse is first established by Anna and Josef Zipperer
- 1993 Their son, Fritz Zipperer, takes over the business
- 1994 The Wintergarten conservatory, sun terrace and children's playground are constructed
- 2001 The Wintergarten is expanded to create a large dining hall, and the kitchen is expanded and updated
- 2005/9 The 70-seat conference & event venue with platforms and heating stove is opened
- 2005/11 The hotel is opened, featuring 15 double rooms decorated in a rustic romantic style
- 2009/8 The hotel expansion is completed, making a total of 52 rooms
- 2013 The bar area is expanded
- 2014 The children's playground is expanded
- 2015 The parking area is expanded
- 2015 The Solide Alm restaurant is opened in Elixhausen, offering delicious alpine delicacies in a rustic hut atmosphere
Advances in technology
The opening of the conference & event room in 2005 represented a significant milestone in the development of the guesthouse. With the latest technology and plenty of room for special events & business functions, the Landgasthof Kirchbichl established itself firmly in the highly competitive conference and business travel sector. State-of-the-art technical equipment combined with tradition and authentic regional dishes from the kitchen to pave the way for ongoing success.
Come and be a part of our tradition – help us to write the history of Kirchbichl. You'll be impressed at what we've managed to achieve here in Hallwang. To make a booking or ask any questions, please send us your obligation-free enquiry or give us a call on +43(0)662 6659 00.