Top destinations in Salzburg and the surrounding area
The perfect base for your explorations
The top sights in Salzburg and the surrounding area are all within reach when you stay at our Landgasthof Kirchbichl in Hallwang. Whether you've come for a family celebration or a business trip, the enchanting Salzburg region is just waiting for you to discover its delights! Our guesthouse is easy to reach, making it the perfect base from which to take full advantage of the leisure options on offer.
Take a look at the festival city of Salzburg
Salzburg's top attractions without a doubt include the festival city itself, home of Mozart. The world-famous historic old town, desginated a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its cultural significance, is 6.5 kilometres away from our guesthouse. The pastel buildings, baroque churches, spacious squares, coffee houses and museums of the city invite guests to enjoy a pleasant stroll or action-packed journey of discovery.
We will be pleased to assist if you wish to hire a car for your explorations, but you can also take the suburban rail service or even ride your bicycle to Salzburg. We can also arrange an e-bike on request.
Salzburg's top sights:
- The Festung Hohensalzburg fortress and museum
- Mozart's birthplace and residence
- The Salzburg Zoo in its superb natural setting
- The Haus der Natur Museum for Natural Science and Technology, and the museum café
- The Untersberg, accessible via cable car
- The von Hellbrunn castle and park with fountains
- Museums such as the DomQuartier, Salzburg Museum and Museum der Moderne Mönchsberg/Rupertinum
- The Stiegl brewery with beer hall and outdoor dining area
The most beautiful attractions in the Salzburg area
There are plenty of contenders for the title of most beautiful attraction in the Salzburg region. The delightful lake scenery of the Salzburger Seenland, and in particular the Wallersee, Irrsee and Obertrumer lakes, are easy to reach from our Landgasthof Kirchbichl in Hallwang. The rolling hills, meadows and fields are home to people who work hard to enrich their district with fine cuisine and handcrafts.
Enjoy relaxed cycling tours, hikes through the spectacular landscape and awe-inspiring sightseeing destinations. The limited traffic on our roads makes it all the easier to enjoy unforgettable days swimming in the lakes of the region.
Explore the picturesque Salzkammergut region
From the lake district of Salzburg to the famous Salzkammergut: it's no more than a 55km drive from Hallwang to any of the Mondsee, Wolfgangsee, and Fuschlsee lakes or even the Imperial city of Bad Ischl. Enjoy the picture-perfect landscapes on a day trip, immerse yourself in the cool waters of the Salzkammergut's lakes at any one of a number of swimming sites or spoil yourself with a visit to the historic Zauner confectionery in Bad Ischl.
Top Salzburg destinations for business travellers
If you stay with us on a business or conference trip, you'll have convenient access to the most important business venues in Salzburg. The Brandboxx is just 1.4 kilometres away, while the Messezentrum Salzburg is 7 kilometres from our charming rural guesthouse. Salzburg has a terrific range of impressive venues available for events and functions, offering every kind of atmosphere – from the historic to the futuristic.
Salzburg's top locations for business meetings:
- Red Bull Headquarters in Fuschl – business meetings 26 km away
- Salzburg Ring – motorsport action just 13 km away
- Salzburg Arena – events & functions 7 km away
- Schloss Mirabell – art, culture & beautiful surroundings 8 km away
- Red Bull Arena – outstanding football just 9 km away
- Hangar 7 – world-renowned chefs & aircraft museum 14 km away
- Techno-Z Salzburg – business partners, meetings and & cooperative opportunities 7 km away
We will be happy to assist you in planning your holiday or business trip. We can provide individual tips to help you explore the best destinations Salzburg has to offer. Send us your obligation-free enquiry or give us a call on +43(0)662 6659 00!