Hospitality & tradition
Being a guest at the Landgasthof Kirchbichl in Hallwang has a long tradition here
The Landgasthof Kirchbichl in Hallwang in the Salzburger Land region has not just been around since yesterday. As is fitting for a traditional country hotel, we have time-honoured structures. Over the years these have led to us not just moving with the times but always adapting to our guests' needs.
Being a hotelier is a calling
And this calling has been part of our family and our hotel for a long time. The Landgasthof Kirchbichl has been owned by the Zipperer family since time immemorial. The hotel boss, Fritz Zipperer is the second generation to manage the hotel and tries to adapt it to the constantly changing requirements of its guests. However, this does not happen without respecting its tradition and time-honoured values. We place great importance on being down to earth and we know exactly where we come from in the Zipperer family.
Things have been constantly on the up since the early nineties
After Fritz Zipperer took over the hotel from his parents in 1993 a great deal has been changed, improved and converted. Besides the conservatory, sun terrace and children's playground it was mainly the modernisation of the kitchen that brought a massive improvement with it in the early 2000s. It produces lots of delicious dishes that the guests at the Landgasthof Kirchbichl really appreciate. Our guests have also been able to experience down to earth cooking at the Solide Alm in Elixhausen since April 2015. Alpine treats and a mountain hut atmosphere in the heart of the Salzburger Land region.
Scoring with modern technology
One milestone in its further development was the opening of the event & seminar room in 2005. With modern technology and plenty of room for events & business the Landgasthof Kirchbichl has managed to establish itself in the fiercely competitive segment of seminar and business travellers. Modern technology combined with tradition and down to earth delicious treats from the kitchen contribute to its sustainable success.
You can find a summary of the Kirchbichl milestones here
- 1982 The hotel is founded by Anna and Josef Zipperer
- 1993 It is taken over by their son Fritz Zipperer
- 1994 Conservatory extension with sun terrace and children's playground
- 2001 Expansion and conversion of the conservatory into a ballroom, as well as the enlargement and modernisation of the kitchen
- 2005/9 Opening of the 70 seater event & seminar room with cosy stove settings and podiums
- 2005/11 Opening of hotel with 15 double rooms in romantic country style
- 2009/8 Opening of hotel extension with 52 rooms in total.
- 2013 Extension of bar area
- 2014 Extension of children's playground
- 2015 Extension of car park
- 2015 Opening of the Solide Alm in Elixhausen - alpine treats and mountain hut atmosphere
Become part of our tradition and familiarise yourself with our hotel's history. You will be amazed at everything we are capable of in Hallwang. Please do not hesitate to contact us for reservations or if you have any questions. Send us a non-binding enquiry or give us a call now on +43 662 665 900.